Commercial Combined Insurance

Your business is important. It doesn’t matter if you are a sole trader, partnership or limited company – it is the lifeblood for you and your employees. Without it, what would happen?

G3 Insure knows that your business is not the same as any other, so our approach should not be the same. That is why we offer tailor made business insurance solutions that will protect what’s important to you.

We will offer you jargon free, uncomplicated and good old fashioned honest advice, with the knowledge that we have put in place a strategy that will respond and protect should the worst happen.

Contractors Insurance and Tradesman Insurance

We have the experience in dealing with contractors of all types, from the one man bands up to companies with £30m turnover. We have particular experience in the following sectors:

  • Civil’s and groundworks
  • General building
  • Electrical
  • Fire and intruder
  • Plumbing and HVAC
  • Renewables

Our approach is dynamic and individual to your activities. The main areas to consider are

  • Public Liability
  • Employers Liability
  • Contractors All Risks
  • Own Plant and Tools
  • Hired in Plant
  • Professional Indemnity
  • Bonds

If you work in hazardous areas, at height or depth, with heat or without, we will make sure that our advice suits your individual contractors insurance needs.

Public Liability Insurance and Employers’ Liability Insurance

What’s the difference?

Public Liability covers you against any claims for damages made against you by the public (not employees) for any bodily injury or physical damage to property caused during your usual business activities.

Employers’ Liability covers against liability for any injury or disease to your employees and/or volunteers arising out of their duties of employment.

Do you need it?

Accidents and mistakes can (and do) happen; after all, we’re only human. When they do, the financial and mental stress can be overwhelming. Remember, if you have employees or volunteers, then Employers’ Liability is a legal requirement.

Every business faced some sort of liability, and some will be more obvious than others. But whatever your business activities are, you need to be prepared.

Fleet Insurance and Mini Fleet Insurance

Whatever your business, the chances are that you will have company vehicles to run it successfully.

If you are a plumber with two vans or a haulier with 30 trucks, without these vehicles on the road your business, and your customers, will undoubtedly suffer.

So, it is essential that you get the right cover for your business to help keep you on the road.

From cars to trucks, from tractors to cranes, we can accommodate almost any vehicle.

In addition to fleet insurance and mini fleet insurance, we can provide:

  • GAP Insurance
  • Vehicle breakdown insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional indemnity insurance (unlike public liability) covers you against an alleged financial loss following your professional services such as design, advice or specification that you have provided.

You may feel confident in the quality of your work, but any business is exposed to a claim of negligence when professional advice or services fail to meet a client’s expectations. That is where professional indemnity insurance comes in.

By its very nature it can be a very expensive process to successfully defend or settle a claim.
Having professional indemnity insurance, you are protecting your company from potentially large legal bills and awards made against you.

There are many trades and professions that will require professional indemnity insurance from the traditional professions such as accountants, engineers and architects to the newer emerging professions such as contractors, health and safety, media, IT, recruitment and charities.

Management Liability Insurance

Sometimes known as Directors’ and Officers’ Liability Insurance, this provides a vital extra layer of protection for directors and senior managers against any alleged wrongful acts whilst they are acting in their official capacity.

But what is a wrongful act? It could be breach of trust, neglect or error, to name a few.

The good news is that, on balance, directors’ and officers’ liability is not expensive. Premiums are typically based on your turnover. There are certain restrictions (certain professions, US exposure etc.) but generally it is a very affordable and much under looked product

Cyber Liability Insurance

What is cyber liability insurance?

Cyber risks come from many sources. Human error, malicious (ex)employees, phishing emails, downloads, infected USB devices, weak passwords, open WIFI, the list goes on and on.

Most businesses will store some form of electronic data – from basic names and addresses to far more sensitive data, such as employee NI and bank details to customers credit card details.

But what happens if you have a data breach?

There are several issues and questions you need to consider when deciding if cyber insurance is needed.

  1. First of all there is the breach itself –

    who in your organisation has the skills and expertise to deal with breach?

  2. Then there is the forensics

    who in your organisation has the skills to identify what’s been affected, how to contain it and how to put it right? Or, would you need to pay for a specialist IT company to do this?

  3. You’ve then got to tell the people the breach affects

    customers, suppliers, employees, etc. And, then you should be credit monitoring them to detect and prevent any further losses.

  4. What about legal and PR?

    Have you got access to specialist legal response and PR consultancy to make sure that any damage to your reputation is kept at a minimum?

  5. Then you’ve got to notify the breach to the appropriate regulator

    and possibly pay any fines that they impose as a result of this. Do you know their procedures and time-scales?

  6. Liability is another biggie

    do you have assets set aside to cover the costs of the breach of personal or corporate data, contaminating someone else’s data with a virus, or even a negligent act or mistake by an employee? You can be sure that those affected will want compensation.

  7. How about the interruption to your business systems

    and continuing to trade? Would a breach potentially shut you down for a period? How would you cover your loss of income?

  8. Ever heard of cyber extortion?

    This is where a system is hacked, but instead of infecting your systems straight away, a ransom is requested to make it ‘go away’.

  9. The solution?

    A good cyber liability insurance policy will cover most, if not all, of the above. It can give you access to specialist forensic IT specialists, PR, legal representation as well as ransomware and business interruption to keep your organisation going.

Don’t get hacked off; let G3 Insure explain the benefits of cyber liability insurance

Charity Insurance and Not for Profit Insurance

These are diverse times and the third sector is being stretched. There are pressures to deliver more services with less money and an increased need to stand out. Sound familiar?

Making sure that your charity insurance meets your changing demands is essential, not only to protect your organisation but your end-service users as well.

Like any commercial enterprise, a charity needs to get the basics right. Volunteers, fund-raising activities, trustees, all add to the extra areas that need attention.

For several years, G3 Insure’s Brian Gelling has advised on charity insurance needs. G3 Insure works closely with the charity and not-for-profit sector, including local voluntary action groups and their members.

During this time, one thing has stood out – that no two charities and not-for-profit organisations are the same. From the structure, mission statement, objectives to end-service users. However the one thing shared is focus and the drive to deliver. With such demands, it is not surprising that keeping up to speed with your charity insurance can be overlooked – and that is where G3 Insure comes in.

New Start Up Insurance

When you start out in business there are 101 things you need to get right from the offset, and one of the most important (and sometimes overlooked) of these is getting your new business insured correctly. After all, this is your new livelihood we are talking about, and you want to protect it.

G3 Insure will take the time to listen to you and to understand what you will be doing so that we can advise you on what covers you need.

Not only that, but we will also discuss how you see your business growing and diversifying during the early years to ensure that your business remains protected.

What cover will you need?

This will really depend on your business activities and structure. As a new start-up business, we know that every penny counts, so we will only ever recommend what you need.

We love working with new business start-ups, helping them to thrive and grow into a successful business. But it is not just insurance we can help you with. We have built a network of other trusted professionals that we can introduce you to, so that you can get all the help and advice that you need.

Shop and Salon Insurance

Whatever you retail, there will be many different factors that you will need to consider.

As well as the obvious, it’s the little things that make the difference.

Do you need an automatic seasonal increase in stock at Christmas time? Do you need to cover for loss of licence? Do you keep stock in the open or have an ATM machine in your shop? Or maybe your salon needs treatment risks?

At G3 Insure we will talk you through what you need to keep you open all hours.

Our package policies will typically automatically include the likes of the following.

  • Contents
  • Stock
  • Public and products liability (including treatment risks if required)
  • Employers liability
  • Business interruption

Don’t spend hours online looking for your shop or salon insurance; let G3 Insure shop around for you to get you a competitive deal.

Hospitality Insurance

The hospitality sector has to cater for a wide appetite, so whatever you offer you need to make sure that your insurance fits the bill.

You may have a town pub with a late licence and live music or a disco. Or perhaps you operate a chain of riverside country pubs in listed buildings. Whatever it may be, we have packages that we can tailor to suit your individual requirements.

We can assist all types of establishments, including the following.

  • Pubs
  • Restaurants
  • Cafes
  • Take away
  • Bed and breakfast
  • Hotels
  • Nightclubs

Office Insurance

With a huge increase in professions that now offer hybrid working, it is important that you have the right policy in place.

G3 Insure will arrange the right cover, providing a bespoke office policy that will give you the cover that you need, such as:

  • Computers and electronic equipment as well as portable computer equipment
  • General contents
  • Public liability
  • Employers liability
  • Business interruption

High Net Worth Insurance Home and Car

High net worth insurance covers the mid and high-value household Insurance market.

You’ve worked hard for what you have, so you will want to make sure that your family home and belongings are protected should anything happen. Jewellery, watches, collections, art and antiques – they all add up. If you then include all your general contents, such as clothes, electricals, furniture, you may be surprised at the end total.

Not sure how much to insure your home for? Not a problem; we can remove the guess work by arranging for a professional RICS desktop rebuild valuation of your home to be undertaken at a discounted rate so that you know that home is adequately protected.

We can even include family fleet insurance if you have prestigious cars in your household, holiday home insurance, yacht or annual worldwide travel insurance.

We would advise anyone in this market not to buy their mid or high-net-worth insurance online – you need to speak to G3 Insure who understands your requirements and can provide the personal service and protection that you expect and deserve.

Car Insurance and Home Insurance

Although G3 Insure are commercial insurance brokers, as part of Momentum Broker Solutions we can give you access to competitive personal insurances via Momentum Marketplace for:

  • Car
  • Home
  • Van
  • Motorbike
  • Pet
  • Bicycle
  • Travel
  • Breakdown

If however you need the assistance of an insurance broker, or maybe you have a non-standard or complex insurance requirement, then please do get in touch to see if we can assist you directly.

G3 Insure is not responsible for the content of ‘Marketplace’ and the content should not be considered insurance advice or a recommendation from us. G3 Insure is an introducer to ‘Marketplace’, therefore will be unable to administer any insurance policies or products purchased, including the management of claims.